Esports has become a rapidly growing industry, with millions of people tuning in to watch competitive gaming tournaments each year. With the rise in popularity, a plethora of games have emerged as prominent esports titles. Here are the five best esports games to watch and play:
- League of Legends – League of Legends (LoL) is a multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) game developed by Riot Games. LoL is the most-watched esports game in the world and has been dominating the esports scene since its release in 2009. It’s a fast-paced game that requires strategic thinking, quick reflexes, and teamwork.
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive – Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO) is a first-person shooter game developed by Valve Corporation. CS:GO has a long-standing history in esports and is a staple in the competitive gaming scene. It’s a tactical game that requires precise aiming, game sense, and teamwork.
- Dota 2 – Dota 2 is a MOBA game developed by Valve Corporation. Like LoL, Dota 2 requires strategic thinking and teamwork. Dota 2 has a steep learning curve and a complex game mechanics, making it one of the most challenging esports games to master.
- Overwatch – Overwatch is a team-based first-person shooter game developed by Blizzard Entertainment. Overwatch is a unique esports game as it combines first-person shooter mechanics with MOBA elements, making it both fast-paced and strategic. Overwatch requires teamwork, communication, and hero selection strategy.
- Fortnite – Fortnite is a battle royale game developed by Epic Games. While it’s relatively new to the esports scene, Fortnite has quickly risen in popularity and has become a staple in the gaming world. Fortnite’s fast-paced gameplay and building mechanics make it an exciting game to watch and play.
In conclusion, esports has become a major industry with a wide variety of games available to play and watch. From MOBAs to first-person shooters to battle royales, there’s a game for everyone. The five games mentioned above are some of the best esports games to watch and play, offering exciting gameplay, strategic depth, and a thriving esports scene.